Introduction to Climbing Outdoors
- Trvanie: 8 Hodín (cca.)
- Poloha: Blackheath, New South Wales
- Kód produktu: ITC IntroClimb
Moving on vertical rock is all about balance, concentration and control. Age, strength and fitness are no barriers to enjoying the physical and personal rewards of climbing so come along and get started!
We will tailor the difficulty of the climbs to your needs, ranging from beginner to more challenging routes. You will also have a chance to try different styles of climbing and receive handy tips from our quality instructors through the day.
Learn the basics of:
- Cliff edge safety
- Safe belaying
- Simple knots
- Moving efficiently over rock
- Optimal body position
- The art of footwork
- Getting the most out of different types of holds
- Finding creative stances to rest while climbing
You will also touch on:
- Common climbing terminology
- Understanding the differences between the most popular forms of climbing (bouldering, sport, trad, etc)
- Reading and understanding guide books and route descriptions
- 1 day
- Personal attention (max 6 participants per instructor)
- Minimum 2 participants
- All required equipment provided including ropes, helmet, harness, climbing shoes, belay devices, carabiners and other hardware.
- Meet at 8.30am in Blackheath, Blue Mountains
- Includes a healthy, delicious and filling lunch
- We choose the location of our climbing days based on the weather and other conditions. Some of our sites include Mt. York, Mt. Piddington, Zig Zag and Narrow Neck.
All of our courses cover:
- Key principles of cliff edge safety
- Development of climbing technique
- Climbing ethics
- Caring for the cliff environment