Introduction to Canyoning
- Durée: 8 Heures (environ)
- Lieu: Blackheath, New South Wales
- Code produit: ITC IntroCan
Moving through a canyon is all about balance, concentration and a sense of adventure. Age, strength and fitness are barriers that can be worked around to get you out enjoying the physical and personal rewards of canyoning brings. So come along and get started!
We will tailor the difficulty of the canyon to your needs, ranging from beginner to more challenging trips.
Learn the basics of:
- Cliff edge safety
- Abseiling and/or Scrambling in a canyon
- Simple knots
- Moving efficiently in a canyon
- Packing and fitting a backpack
- Sealing your dry bag
- Fitting a Harness and Helmet so they are comfortable for the day
- Managing swims
- 1 day
- Personal attention (max 6 participants per instructor)
- Minimum 2 participants
- All required equipment provided including ropes, helmet, harness, descender, wetsuit, carabiners and other hardware.
- Generally meet between 7.30am and 8.30am in Blackheath, Blue Mountains (transfers available from Katoomba and other locations by request)
- Includes a healthy, delicious and filling lunch
- We choose the location of our canyon days based on your fitness, experience, the weather and other conditions. Some of our sites include Blue Mountains (township areas), Mount Wilson, The Wolgan Valley, Newnes Plateau, and the Grose Valley.
All of our courses cover:
- Key principles of cliff edge safety
- Development of canyon technique
- Canyoning ethics
- Caring for the canyon environment